Quinoa Mexican Salad
Learn how to make a Latin style Quinoa Salad
Fresh and fulfilling summer salad, packed with jalapeños, black beans and tomatoes and versatile enough to adapt to whatever vegetables are available
Here's what you will need:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
(add more if you like cilantro)
How to make Quinoa Salad:
Sautee garlic and the jalapeños, stirring frequently until fragrant and browning, about 1 minute.
Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin;
season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!